support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Joy in simplicity

Joy in simplicity 10 years 7 months ago #33167

• Kneecap
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So there's pretty much no surf in SoCal these days. I got a couple of waist high screamers this morning at Oceanside Harbor and that was about it. My wife is getting into the surfing side of sup a little bit so we met at another locale where she feels comfortable so I could keep an eye on the kids while she took a few waves.

Both my boys are totally into boogie boards these days so I kicked the spiders of the old adult sized one in the garage and threw the fins in the car and kicked out with them while wifey surfed. I had forgotten how fun it can be to just ride a little piece of foam along a wave! So simple just angling down the line. I dumped the boogie and just started body surfing after a while. Such a simple pleasure. I have no intention of getting rid of my futuristic space age polymer high performance sup and paddle, but I will make it a point from time to time just to grab a pair of fins and go for a ride.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joy in simplicity 10 years 7 months ago #33168

• ObviousSup
  • Fresh Boarder
The simple basic fun of the Boogie Board is why I still have a couple stashed in the attic of the garage and fins in the basement. My girlfiend thinks I am nuts and I might have to agree since I haven't ever gone more than knee deep in the ocean in Oregon. Brrrrr. I got spoiled living where the ocean was warm.

That and they work pretty well in the occasional snow covered street. :)

Re: Joy in simplicity 10 years 7 months ago #33169

• Strand Leper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
No doubt! I boogie with my 78 year old father in law... I let him call it "surfing." Usually by the end, the foam is on the beach and I am strapped into my fins sans boogie. The ocean on the body... nothing like it!

SL
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds