support unicef support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stand up zone post deletion

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33129

• AJR
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm happy to move over; Admin on the Zone has become paranoid for sure. He said he didn't like some of my sarcastic comments about the recent censorship then asked if I was affiliated with a couple other Zoners. All I could make of it was that he was looking for an excuse to boot me cuz they were affiliated with a non-paying brand? Hopefully sarcasm is allowed here...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33130

• corran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Sarcasm will not be tolerated.

Anger, pity, belligerence, sorrow and elation are all encouraged, but not sarcasm.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33134

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Sure, no problem. Bring some sarcastic friends as well :)
If you're happy, you're successful.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33141

• Strand Leper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
AJR wrote:
I'm happy to move over; Admin on the Zone has become paranoid for sure. He said he didn't like some of my sarcastic comments about the recent censorship then asked if I was affiliated with a couple other Zoners. All I could make of it was that he was looking for an excuse to boot me cuz they were affiliated with a non-paying brand? Hopefully sarcasm is allowed here...

I think I saw the questions that were asked... something like:

"Have you at any time considered going to a Timapalooza gathering?"

"Have you ever been to a Southern California Board Demo Day?"

"If you have attended said 'Demo Day' did you drink any coffee from Strand Leper's Kuerig?"

"If you attended said 'Demo Day' did you at any time try, touch or look at a board designed by Corran Addison, or any board owned by Strand Leper?"

I see Humphrey Bogart asking "Who stole the strawberries..." while clinking metal balls....

Oh well, glad to have you... I will be posting up an epic shaping session with Roger Hinds soon... just crazy busy... but it rocked and I took lots of pics and some video.

SL

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33143

• JeanG
  • Fresh Boarder
How odd that he's never asked me about any of this business, nor pre emptively banned me. Must be happy with simply deleting my threads and posts.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33144

• ObviousSup
  • Fresh Boarder
Great!
Thought at work I was told that I wasn't allowed to be snarcastic. :-(

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 8 months ago #33161

• Cardiff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I surfed once...

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33209

• SUPflorida
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm here to escape the Zone's censorship as well. I come on SUP forums to see the latest and greatest design ideas. SL's sharing of information is invaluable...as well as several others that have been run off.... Came back to see how the thread was doing this morning and its gone :frustrated: ...shame...good group of people...if they keep running off their best contributors and they will all be over here as the word spreads.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33210

• corran
  • Senior Boarder
It's a trap. We're going to get you comfortable here and then start to censor too...

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33216

• supthecreek
  • Fresh Boarder
A hearty Hi-de-ho to all you Zefugees

Kayadogg (thanks buddy) gave me the heads up on your new hideout. I hope you will allow a “Zoner in good standing” (I think) to visit the lost braintrust.

There is a huge hole on Z content side, with so many being tossed or leaving out of frustration. You are the guys that are pushing the edges out and like most good thinkers… have the best wit…. Sad to see much of the cream poured off.

I want to see SoCal here…. to complete the class…. Is he here? I haven’t gone over past posts yet….. SoCal… are you out there!?!

The past few dayZ, a Strand Leper thread was started…. Basically a post about SL’s big chance to buy a semi private 45 min session at “Lowers” during the upcoming contest (Redbull?)…..A session that will be televised.

When someone noted that SL had been booted, all hell broke loose. Lots of really interesting and concerned replies about the fallen. Very sad. All you guys had a big support group gathering… it was great and sad to see. Delete.

So… it looks like there is sufficient gray matter here. I look forward to see some good stuff.

Only thing missing here is newbees. After all… what good is expert advice if it can’t be dispensed?

Creek out…

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33217

• corran
  • Senior Boarder
They deleted a thread that was about lowers and has nothing to do with SL? Funny... and sad...

The newbies will come - they'll find the site when there is enough content for it to proliferate through google search engines

Corran

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33218

• SUPflorida
  • Fresh Boarder
Just left a message to Colas over on seabreez to come check out SUPzero...he might already be here...but just in case....another castaway from the Zone....

Corran.... On censorship...."It's good to be the King" :dance:

"A large population is a king's glory, but without subjects a prince is ruined" :naughty: :roflol:

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33221

• JD SupSurfer
  • Fresh Boarder
corran wrote:
They deleted a thread that was about lowers and has nothing to do with SL? Funny... and sad...

The newbies will come - they'll find the site when there is enough content for it to proliferate through google search engines

Corran

Then they deleted my thread that asked what happened to the lowers thread from the day before. Go figure. That one didn't last more than an hour or so.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33222

• JD SupSurfer
  • Fresh Boarder
brghc wrote:

Corran.... On censorship...."It's good to be the King" :dance:

What's that theme I was taught in 9th grade English class? Oh yeah, power corrupts.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33226

• JeanG
  • Fresh Boarder
I liked the SUZ. Not happy about what happened to it. This place will be better though :)

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33227

• Fark
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm with you Kyle, as are most that have ended up here. We all enjoyed our time there and some even got to meet in person and become really good friends. I think everyone would have stayed if we hadn't been booted or given up out of frustration. I'm glad that this place exists for us to keep pushing the movement and share ideas. I think his name is Joren, or something like that. Big Shaka to him for running this place properly.

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33231

• supthecreek
  • Fresh Boarder
Corran - "They deleted a thread that was about lowers and has nothing to do with SL? Funny... and sad..."

I think you misunderstood. It was ALL about SL... and many that were banned.
My point in posting this, was just to let you guys know that when other Zoners found out about what happened to SL, kneecap etc.... they were bummed.

Lots of support for you guys. Supporting comments came in fast and furious. Everyone was extremely sad to lose you. Just wanted you to know that you are missed. :comfort: supzero.com/components/com_kunena/templa...moticons/comfort.gif

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33233

• Strand Leper
  • Fresh Boarder
Creek,

Thanks for the Zone update. It is now a great site to determine which deckpad to use... what crazy thing Pono Bill is into now (that in itself is reason to lurk)... and how great its sponsors' products are... a la Motor Trend magazine in the 80s and 90s... "and the car of the year is... a GM product... again!"

Unfortunately, me getting booted from the Zone and finding this site has coincided with a consulting project that I am leading which is the size of the known universe... oh, and running my law firm day to day... so my posting has been a bit light... and my surfing more sparse than usual (I partly blame Lake Pacific for that...)

I hope to be posting up pics of my new boards in their finished form soon... my new assym from Corran is a beaut... and the two that Roger and I did... well they are lights out as well.

Hope that we get enough content on here to make it interesting.

I think So Cal has just retreated into his real life... leaving his cyber life behind for a bit. You can follow the antics of his crazy clan on instagram... he lights that place up.

Be well Creek and thanks for the Zone info... as it is not site that I like to visit.

SL

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33234

• Strand Leper
  • Fresh Boarder
Good to see you on here JD!

SL

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33235

• JDmotes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks SL - You're one of the reasons I'm here... :)
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports

606 Villa Del Mar Dr Unit L-3
Ponte Vedra Beach Fl 32082

Cell: 904-806-3990
Email: [mail address protected from spambots with javascript]

Florida Sales Associate for:
Exocet SUP
Epic Gear
Ke Nalu

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33236

• JeanG
  • Fresh Boarder
Fixed my screen name. :)

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33237

• SUPflorida
  • Fresh Boarder
JeanG how did you go about fixing your name? Wanted to change mine but can't find any edits in the profile section to make it happen....

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33238

• supzero
  • Fresh Boarder
brghc wrote:
JeanG how did you go about fixing your name? Wanted to change mine but can't find any edits in the profile section to make it happen....

Just drop me a PM and I'll do it for you.
SUPzero
supzero.com

Re: Stand up zone post deletion 10 years 7 months ago #33241

• SUPflorida
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for making it happen...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds