support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Riviera Surf SUP doors

Riviera Surf SUP doors 10 years 6 months ago #33288

• supzero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Looks like these boards might actually be fun for some tricks, even on flatwater (think smallwater). Nice and symmetric, deck padded all over. Not so sure what be so great about them for surfing. Tricks as well?

SUPzero
supzero.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 10 years 6 months ago #33303

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
It's a gimmick and does nothing well. That plan shape, rocker and foil combine to give you turd. Now combine that with the shoddy Rivera construction and it only gets worse. Awful awful boards and construction.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 10 years 6 months ago #33305

• supzero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Jammer wrote:
It's a gimmick and does nothing well. That plan shape, rocker and foil combine to give you turd. Now combine that with the shoddy Rivera construction and it only gets worse. Awful awful boards and construction.

Nothing against opinions, but if you state such a negative opinion about their construction, have you got any facts or numbers to back that up? What's worse in their construction process or materials than in other brands?
SUPzero
supzero.com

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 10 years 6 months ago #33307

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
Sure I have seen the inside of them. Cheap fib O' glass layup no, sandwich and their quality control is crap. I have been in the industry for a bit. Shops don't bring in Rivera for their performance or quality they bring them in because they are cheap. That says enough. It's not a negative opinion it's just a fact, it's their marketing ploy and its gimmicky. For a sport that was born in the surf it is surely lost its soul when people are thinking that idea is worthwhile.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33588

• Spectre007
  • Fresh Boarder
Your picture says it all about you. Baboons ass! I'm not here as an Riviera apologist but when people spout nothing but negative trash it makes me want to respond.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33589

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
ARE you some kind of idiot? They are crap.......fact should I not call a turd a turd if you want that kind of garbage forum go to stand up zone. Seriously are you brain damaged or just a industry troll?

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33590

• Spectre007
  • Fresh Boarder
You say the word fact a lot but these, as well as the machete, nugg and nugget have sold well here in oregon. Are they the highest quality products on the market? No but awful awful? You need to check your mirror for definition of idiot.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33591

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm glad that the since people are buying them that makes them quality. McDonald's has sold how many billions of burgers and they are still junk. I have seen the construction. I have seen the failures. Yes awful is the perfect description. They are a cheap price point for shops, no shop ever said " these Rivera boards a a quality product " what I have heard 9/10 times is " we needed a cheap board so we brought in Rivera" I am sorry someone sold you some crap you feel like you need to defend maybe you could cut it into 50 cross sections that you could sell to shops so they can show people what a cheap pos looks like inside. Or maybe you can cover it in kY and cram it up your balloon knot. Either way I could give a shit, they are in the lowest quality category.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33592

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
We don't have many rules here in the SUPzero forums, but we do have a couple: supzero.com/aup.php . Calling each other idiots definitely doesn't fit in... And calling a brand 'crap', no matter how much you mix it with the word 'fact', remains vulgar and insulting. Almost anything goes, but please respect our AUP and keep this a friendly place.
If you're happy, you're successful.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33593

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
To who? potential sponsors. Rivera boards are one of the lowest quality products available. That is a fact, you ask how I know that, well I have a fair understanding of the costs associated with construction overseas. Rivera whats to pump out the least expensive board they can which is easy when quality and function have little to do with the business plan. Just because they sell well in a area has little to do with function and everything to do with how that brand is positioned locally.

I got booted from stand up zone for calling out manufactures for the BS they like to pull on consumers. If this forum is going to be a cheerleader for any brand that pays for advertising I will happily never post again or just ban me now. If I see something damaging to the sport or industry, like the market getting flooded with low quality scrap that leads to unhappy customers and shops, I will express my opinion. The fact that you get offended by the terms like crap is more a YOU problem.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33594

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
Nothing to do with advertising. This brand doesn't advertise here, and if they did, well, I've challenged my biggest advertisers before by not moderating critical posts about them. Independence is key here. This is just about following our AUP. If you can do that, feel free to express any opinion. If not, express that opinion somewhere else.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33595

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
Tell me exactly how I am not following your AUP in my last post? Remember I just called it crap the other poster started the personal attacks so maybe you should be addressing him. Just a thought.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33596

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
I was indeed talking to both of you, and I'll delete insulting posts from both of you, no matter who started.

As for vulgar words, I personally couldn't care less and I'm not offended that easily. But what has set the Playak and SUPzero forums apart from the rest since some 15 years, is that we are a friendly community, and the AUP is meant to keep it that way. There are enough other forums for shouting and being rude etc...

Like I said, I'll delete those posts soon, just wanted to give everybody a chance to read this first.

So, nothing to do with advertising, nothing personal, no hard feelings :)

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33597

• Spectre007
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry I got myself sucked into this silliness. It just irks me when people spout nothing but negativity towards something that really does stuff quite well. Anyway I will leave him to be who and what he wants to be, and apologize to anyone I offended.

Re: Riviera Surf SUP doors 9 years 7 months ago #33598

• Jammer
  • Fresh Boarder
That door does nothing well other than float. It is a ridiculous marketing idea and nothing more. What is the difference between someone coming on here and raving about how great something is and someone bashing it? Both are opinions and generally someone bashing tends to point to specific things where the ra ra types just talk about how great their last time out was. The market is flooded with boards that have no ideas behind their shape other than they look cool which is just freakin' stupid. Any brand can pay pros to ride their sticks so does that make their boards better? Pros will go where the money is...PEROID. Having a budget set aside to pay someone to ride your boards doesn't make them good since many pros don't ride production, boards they get customs from shapers that have nothing to do with the production line. Go buy your SUPdoor and when the next gimmick comes along run out and by it as well.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds