support unicef support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available

The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available 10 years 4 months ago #33436

• DanGavere
  • Thank you received: 11
Very excited to announce my new signature Whitewater SUP board is available from Starboard. The first 10 production boards just hit the system and are available through Colorado Kayak Supply and possibly other dealers. 9.6x36"x6" and the most heavy duty construction inflatable on the market. The new fin boxes are bomber and allow the board to be run with whatever fin setup you desire. Very very excited. In fact so much so that I am frothing to get out on the water right this minute. Post here if you have questions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available 10 years 4 months ago #33439

• DanGavere
I had an excellent session on my local river yesterday (Hood River at low water 700 cfs) and was amazed how well the board paddled in shallow sections. Places where the Whopper Deluxe would still hit bottom the Stream passed right over with no contact. This is attributed to the bodacious volume of 380 liters compared to 300 in the Whopper. I paddled the board with no fins and found it very stable, turn, and easy to catch waves on the fly . The wide tail allows you to dip a rail to keep a straighter line when needed. I really enjoy the freedom of finless river sup and after some technique improv I actually find I can use the paddle as a fin when needed. Super excited to have my first Signature model SUP! Please use this thread to post any questions and comments about the Stream. BTW the dims are: Length 9'.6"
Width 36"
Thickness 6"
Weight 26lbs
MSRP: 1550.00 USD/1249.00 EU
rokpuvar.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/124...8312_469354821_n.jpg
Available now in USA, Canada.
store.tridentsports.com/us/pc/Stream-Astro-9-6-x-36-p6926.htm

Re: The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available 10 years 2 months ago #33504

• barontieri
  • Fresh Boarder
It looks great and congrats for the signature model, I'm trying to find one here in Quebec. How does it work on flat water or ocean waves?
Dan it would be nice if you could make some videos about your finless paddling techniques ;-)
[roamandco.blogspot.ca]

Re: The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available 9 years 4 months ago #33635

• andie
  • Fresh Boarder
Just got the astrostream shipped to Montreal from Kalavida, Silentsport can also order it for you in Canada. The best price is at CKS or 4Corners Riversports if you can order from the US. It is a great river board.

I own the C4 isup, the MCIT and the Astro stream is my favorite. I had a blast running rapids and surfing with it. The fins are quite cheap and lasted one river run so it is a great board to learn running rivers finless :-)

The Astro board is way nicer than the MCIT. My MCIT looks like it will need repair after just one year. I tried both side to side on the rivière La Diable. I do not want to use the MCIT anymore. The C4 isup ia a great board as well with better fins, but since i got the 8' x 30" I use it mostly for surfing, and small rapids. The C4 is a fun surfboard in the sea.

Re: The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available 9 years 4 months ago #33636

• DanGavere
Thank you for the great words about the Stream :bounce:

Please send me an email with address to [mail address protected from spambots with javascript] and I will get you some new fins ASAP. Sorry you had problems with them falling out. I have a solution for that too of course :dance:

Re: The New Starboard Astro Stream for Whitewater is now available 9 years 4 months ago #33637

• andie
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot Dan for the fins. :)
I see those will hold very well with the bigger screw
Also after many hours of practicing finless on flat water against wind and current, I should also be getting better in navigating rapids (therefore avoiding rocks). The possibility to use the board finless is actually a great tool to improve paddling technique faster.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds