support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Plastic Whitewater SUP

Plastic Whitewater SUP 11 years 2 weeks ago #32869

• corran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hey,

I'm trying to get a gauge on interest for me to do a new HP plastic Whitewater SUP. It would be based on the Streetfighter, with the streetfighters features ()

Estimates are - about 9'3" x 35" x 10" - 35lbs-38lbs finished weight (so about 20lbs lighter than the Rapidfire, and lighter than pretty much any 9' creaking kayak). Estimated cost under $600.

Molds are expensive and I'm trying to gauge whether its worth spending the money on this or whether my money is better spent elsewhere.

Comments and thoughts

Corran
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Plastic Whitewater SUP 11 years 2 weeks ago #32870

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
With that price tag, it may be a good tool for clubs and rentals, but maybe also for random people to enter the sport. A bit similar to the Pelican Flow - see my review here: playak.com/article.php?id=11924

I get a lot of total beginners trying out the Flow, and since it's so forgiving and stable, 3 locals already bought one last year. There were also some guys/girls who would have bought one, but found it too heavy/difficult to carry around (the guys who bought one all live right on the river banks). Looks like you already plan to make it a bit lighter, but a board is always more difficult to carry than a kayak. If you could include some sort of cheap but sturdy shoulder strap, and the thing is really stable, you may have a killer package.
If you're happy, you're successful.

Re: Plastic Whitewater SUP 11 years 2 weeks ago #32871

• corran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Our Tahiti is more like the flow than the streetfighter - which is a ww specific design

the tahiti has a tote wheel, and is also lighter than the flow - corransup.com/tahiti

Corran
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds