Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Eastern Canadian Championships-Fun and Hot

Eastern Canadian Championships-Fun and Hot 10 years 8 months ago #32984

• DanGavere
  • Thank you received: 11
The Eastern Canadian Champs in Toronto was a fun time on Saturday and although it was supposed to be a 15km downwinder it turned out a few small or should I say tiny bumps to play with but not enough to ever get a break. At 1 hr 40 minutes I crossed the line in what turned out to be a horse race to the line for 2nd and 3rd. Larry Cain the dominant paddler from Toronto absolutely walked away from us and finished a good .5 mile in from of us. I had a great time paddling the 2013 14' Starboard Allstar at 26" wide and found it especially easy to handle and draft with in comparison to the sharper "ice breaker" type noses you see on most boards. However I do believe the Sprint Model would have been better suited for the conditions we had because it was flat for the most part. The Starboard foil carbon paddle with High Aspect 475 sq cm/85 square inch paddle kept me firing all the way through and I am liking the extra bit of flex in the shaft for my shoulders and elbows. The new Indexing on the Foil Carbon shaft is especially nice for the choke down stroke so you have some blade reference and precise control even with bottom hand. At 14 oz's for a 79" inch paddle its the lightest paddle I have ever used and made a huge difference toward the 10KM mark when I started to really feel fatigued. I could keep up the pace and in fact was able to out sprint the 3rd place paddler for the last mile with a 6mph average.
Congrats to Lena Augustis also on team Starboard for her impressive win in the women's Elite on the 2012 Ace 12.6 who must of had a at least a mile on her next competitor. Big thanks to Derek and SUPNTORONTO for making it happen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeroen
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds