support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Unlimited boards worth it?

Unlimited boards worth it? 11 years 2 weeks ago #32872

• KayaDogg
  • Fresh Boarder
How many of you have an unlimited board? Not being a homeowner, I suspect it's damn near impossible to easily store an unlimited board, for the average person unless you have a sweet garage setup or don't mind your board being front and center in an apartment. Curious to hear how often those of you that do have one actually take it out and use it. Is the extra glide worth it over the ease of transport, etc. that a 14' board presents? Unless you lived right on a body of water or had an easy way to store an unlimited board near water, it seems like it would be more inconvenient than it's worth. I guess this topic doesn't really apply to the folks in the islands that DW on 17's all the time, I get that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unlimited boards worth it? 11 years 2 weeks ago #32873

• corran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Are you asking how fun they are to use, or asking whether there should even be a race class for them?

Corran

Re: Unlimited boards worth it? 11 years 2 weeks ago #32874

• KayaDogg
  • Fresh Boarder
No I was just curious how many people actually own unlimited boards. I definitely think there should be a race class for them. I only know 1 guy that has one around here and he never paddles it because he says it's too much of a hassle to get out of his garage, load, etc. Just wanted to see what the general consensus is.

Re: Unlimited boards worth it? 11 years 2 weeks ago #32875

• DanGavere
  • Thank you received: 11
I always go for my 14' over my unlimited because I am usually paddling ith other people and they are generally slower than me so I would be waiting even more on my unlimited. I really like paddling the unlimited a few x's a month when I am alone and want to crush some miles on it in flat glassy water.

Re: Unlimited boards worth it? 10 years 10 months ago #32954

• Fark
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm in the same boat as you. I'd get one if I had a place to put it. My wife already tolerates my surfboards in the bedroom, so I'm not pushing it at this point.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds