[please login to make this ad block disappear]
|The search for the perfect wave continues. After the Waveloch (see earlier PLAYAK article), three German scientists from the Technical University in Munich are taking the quest to the next level. In Project Tube6, they are designing the technology for the perfect standing wave. Unlike the Waveloch, Tube6 waves will be deep and fully adjustable.|
The tube6 technology (in co-operation with Technische Universität München) creates a perfect breaker in running waters. This wave, which is similar to an ideal surf wave in the ocean, can be surfed with kayaks and standard surfboards.
Variable built-in elements permit controlling the wave´s height and shape. Ideally adapted conditions can be made available to a wide range of users, from beginners to advanced surfers.
As you will understand, real scientists need more than just calculations. They need a proof of concept through prototypes. A scaled model of the technology exists and looks very promising. The next photos may indeed remind you of the Zambezi and Pelican Falls, except they're a bit smaller...
As the Tube6 scientists are based in Munich, they would of course prefer to build their first full scale wave on the local river Isar. The idea is to transform the existing playspot 'Wittelsbacher' into an Eldorado for surfers and paddlers. The next pictures show what the spot looks like now and what it might turn into if all goes well.
Our German friends present all their ideas and plans in great detail on their web site, www.tube6.de. They even honored our request to make the information available in English (click on the flag on the top left of the page). The site is definitely worth a visit!
Can't wait till we get one in our garden.....
- 11' hard for river » Thanks, But is'nt for the same river... (River SUP)
- Add rocker on a Sup » Hi, I'm a paddler in Europe... (River SUP)
- sup master instructor course from the Italian Federation for Amateur Paddling: October2016-June2017 » You should check out the ACA SUP program, as it sounds kinda similar...
- Waterblading - Send your Pics » bounce...
- Show us your SUP fish pics! » Extra Wide SUP for Fishing WideSUPfor2-2-3... (SUP Fishing)
- Michael Dolsey SUPs Has Just Opened a Southern California Distribution Center » NEWS FLASH Michael Dolsey Stand Up Paddleboards has just opened a southern California Distribution Center servicing the entire West Coast market...
Login to post here